Friday, December 6, 2013

High Fashion.

Let's be honest, I spend a fair amount of time; online shopping, browsing Pinterest, reading LaurenConrad.com, Marie Claire, W, and Elle. I may have a slight problem with shopping, but what girl doesn't. Right?

Of course, I wish I had every glamorous dress, sexy skirt, and luscious Levi's I spot hanging in my closet. It's natural. But, I pinch myself for a subtle reminder that my funds are limited. Then, I must thank myself for being a sensible shopper, for getting good deals and versatile pieces. Fabulous can happen on a budget. Once you establish a decent wardrobe the fun is being able to put together unique outfits.

The perfect closet doesn't not automatically mean the perfect you. The key to fashion is confidence. Confidence, not only in the outfit it took you hours to hand select but in yourself, mind, body and soul. Sometimes I like to wear things that don't normally go together or that just don't seem to match. But, I enjoy it. If you are confident in yourself you can pull of anything you are wearing. Once you exude self-confidence no one will question your fashion statement outfit.

To look gorgeous in an outfit does not mean that you splurged on the most expensive designer piece you could find. This just means you now only have one super expensive piece, rookie mistake. To look gorgeous in an outfit you have to love yourself. To love yourself you have to care about your health. Health is not only physical, it is emotional, and mental.

Being physically active and eating right can improve all aspects of your health. I know, another theory on how to live fit. But, hear me out I think I may be doing something right. Anyone that knows me knows that I spend a fair amount of my time eating. Guess what, that's ok. I am able to eat what I want when I want simply because I live an active lifestyle, make healthy decisions, and limit myself on the deliciously bad foods. Yes, I'm going to eat two cookies, but I really don't need a third. That does not mean two cookies a day after each meal either. In making the right food choices for your main meals each day you allow yourself the flexibility to have a cookie once in awhile, or enjoy some pizza with your non-green eating significant other every now and again.

Try it, begin your day with an apple, black coffee, and some greek yogurt peanut butter dip. Once you begin your day making the right choices it is easier to keep it up the remainder of the day. I am not here to tell you all you can eat is fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. I am hear to tell you that the majority of your meals need to consist of these things. Skittles is not wrong when they say "Taste the Rainbow," they just have the wrong rainbow.

Ok, so about the physical activity, this is the part where I tell you to start running 10 miles a day right!? Wrong. I am aware that not everyone has time to go out and run miles. I am also well aware that many people cringe at the thought of running and just give up on being fit all together. Running is not the only result producing exercise. Yes, running is an effective method of cardio, it does make you feel awesome, exhausted and fulfilled once you are complete but there are other ways to do cardio exercise and see results. Remember those old fashioned jumping jacks we used to warm up with. Those are still effective, when executed correctly.

For example, when you wake up in the morning and you have 15-20 minutes before you have to start getting ready; do some jumping jacks. Seriously, a basic exercise like jumping jacks, or high knees can help you out when executed correctly. Tighten your core muscles and stay tight while doing as many jumping jacks you can do in a minute. These exercises are a great warm up to lead into stretching. Another few basic exercises I continually utilize are push-ups, plank, and lunges. Never forget to stretch! Stretching each morning and each night before bed will make you feel great. It is relaxing and makes your muscles feel amazing and acknowledged.

If you take the time and initiative to care about your health the results are worth it. This world we live puts much emphasis on self image. To obtain a  rewarding self image you must love yourself, be confident, and healthy.

Eat light. Travel habitually. Live honorably. Look Fabulous.
Kaylie Davitto

No comments:

Post a Comment