Monday, April 29, 2013

Heartache

Currently my heart physically aches. I am struck with empathy for those I know that just recently lost a parent, or two. Loosing a loved one is never easy, you experience so much emotion. My advice to anyone that is dealing with such a situation, is feel those emotions. It's ok to cry, sometimes it's even necessary, you have to break down to build yourself up again, even stronger. Loss is sad. I don't believe the pain or sadness of losing a loved one ever really goes away. We are just able to subside it so that we can continue our lives. Obstacles in life make us stronger. These two particular people I have in mind have not had the easiest time yet they are still optimistic and I respect that to the upmost degree.

Then of course you have the news which is never happy or good. People in other countries are suffering greatly and living in fear of their lives. We have people in our own country that want to do harm because they are angry. Where is the love?

I think of all this tragedy and it makes me feel grateful. I am grateful for the life, health, loved ones and employment I have. It also makes me feel annoyed of those who are ungrateful. I understand life can be a drag and seem monotonous sometimes. But damn at least we are still living! For those of us still living we need to do something productive. Generations all have their nicknames given to them from other generations. From what I hear we are referred to as the "Entitled Generation".  We should all strive to change this and make ourselves known as the "Transformers". Transform our world into a more loving, accepting and peaceful place. We can all begin by doing something nice for someone. This by no means has to be a grand gesture, sometimes just holding the door open for someone with their hands full is nice. We can all be optimistic, but we must be active to achieve the goal.
So this is a call to action: People appreciate what you have, love those around you, accept those that are different from you, even when its hard and most importantly love yourself!

STAND UP. GET OUT. DON'T YOU REALIZE. YOUR STILL BREATHING, YOU'VE GOT ALL YOU NEED. - Yearbook Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment